In order to support our design services, Implant Mechanix Inc. operates a fully equipped tool-room with all the typical machine shop equipment as well as some unique capabilities.
- We have CNC and manual milling and turning in-house.
- We also have cylindrical, surface, and cutter grinding; particularly form grinding of cutting tools.
- We have CNC ram EDM and wire EDM (with interpolating rotary axis).
- We also have laser micro welding for micro-fabrication and for mold and die repair.
- We run both prototyping and production contracts on these machines, so we know what it takes to be cost competitive under production conditions.
This experience in production machining allows us to refine production procedures for our customers.
It also allows us to design and build efficient production tooling…we are very experienced in plastic injection molds (both design and manufacture), as well as fixtures and gauges for high volume machining, for assembly, and for inspection.
We have extensive industry contacts to provide expertise in metal injection molding, in motion control and electronics, in plastics and rubber molding, and in forming and fabricating.
All of this in-house capability allows us to take projects from “Art to Part” more efficiently than the usual routine of outsourcing from the design house to the machine shop.